Ah, another year over – and 2008 was a big one (for both me and the site). Some highlights include:
- tannerhelland.com finally has a real home. 2008 marked the merging of all my previous sites into one cohesive whole. (I know, I know – “it’s about time!”)
- 2008 was the last year I used a Microsoft OS. I made the switch to Canonical’s Ubuntu Linux and absolutely love it.
- 2008 was the year I finally picked up a PS3. It’s a beautiful device.
- For the first time in 20+ years, 2008 was my first school-free year. Being done with university has been GREAT, and being able to “just work” for an entire year was a godsend. In fact, the only things I miss from university life are student tax breaks.
- 2008 was the year I officially became an author. The year started with placement as a semifinalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) competition, and hopefully 2009 will be the year that my first novel finds a home with a major publisher. In the meantime, pick up an advance copy of the book at http://www.createspace.com/3341273.
2008 was a great year, and 2009 looks to be even better. Hopefully you can say the same. :)
Happy New Year!